For a resolution, an outcome, a solution or a way forward to emerge in real or potentially challenging and complex situations, participants have to buy into it or better still own it. Imposing or mandating may give a short term result but it will not be resilient and sustainable especially in uncertain, ambiguous, and ever-changing environments.
Our approach is to facilitate the committed involvement of stakeholders and participants in ‘making sense’ of what is happening and the ‘hearing’ of the perspectives, questions, concerns, challenges and other elements (including the politics) of a situation.
From there we can navigate and explore the way forward from stuck and resistant positions to progress and the design and implementation of the best possible outcomes.
- Contentious & challenging discussions about change
- Working with customer feedback
- Planning sessions and forums for Board, senior executive and/or managers
- Road mapping the future
- Just plain difficult discussions!
The outcome was everything I had hoped for … due in great measure to your skills and talents in managing a strong, highly intellectual group of non-shrinking violets.
Chief of Australian Defence Force
Examples of Anne’s projects
- Strategic Road-Mapping for peak professional membership organisation comprised of individually constituted Federal, State and Territory based entities
- Development of pre-merger strategic plan, cost/benefit and change management plan for three State Associations
- Strategic planning discussions between Board and Management to significantly re-position the business
- Corporate planning for a major anti-corruption agency
- Resolution of Board disagreement and clarification of acquisition strategy prior to an IPO including succession planning
- Strategic planning and annual retreat for a number of law firms
- New governance approach by the top ten stakeholders in one of the largest Commonwealth Government Departments
- Major team building and leadership coaching off-site activity for the executive team of a large organisation in transformation
- Strategic planning for Board and executive of major private company during post-acquisition trauma, including succession planning
- Facilitation of major meeting of institutional users on significant changes to major financial systems
- National strategic plan for large Australian federated organisation
- Planning meeting for an industry organisation comprised of major competitors
- Strategic planning and conflict resolution for a small private company with major inter-personal issues amongst the Board
Many more thanks for your excellent facilitation of the pivotal strategic road-mapping meeting for the leadership of the AMA. You were exactly the right person for the job – humour plus direction, firmness plus coaxing! They have gone away feeling that they achieved more than they expected to.
Your preparation and complete engagement supported the participants to achieve a high level of consensus on key strategic decisions. Furthermore the participants all enjoyed the experience!
Anne Trimmer, Secretary General, Australian Medical Association